General Manager/Sales Manager, Nashville, Tennessee
Position Summary: Sales/Estimating/Proposal Development, Project management, including negotiating, estimating, planning, scheduling, and cost engineering of commercial voice and data, fiber optic, audio visual (AV), security (CCTV) and card access design and installation projects. Manage Nashville office. Develop relationships with Electrical and General Contractors.
Essential Functions/Knowledge Requirements:
• Outside sales: Identify and capture low voltage electrical construction work. Meet sales targets.
• Demonstrated ability to develop productive business relationships leading to sales.
• Project Management: Manage projects to a successful and profitable completion.
• Attend site-walk -throughs and pre-bid meetings, document site conditions for use in the development of accurate cost estimates.
• Respond to bid specifications, write scope of work, develop cost estimates, predict duration of the project, develop schedules including contingencies.
• Must have knowledge of construction rules and codes related to AV and low-voltage systems
• Possess the technical, human and conceptual skills required to be a successful Project Manager.
• Ensure that all LEK projects and contractual commitments are met and performed professionally.
• Perform initial site surveys and complete punch lists after completion of installation
• Manage LEK resources which include support personnel, materials, and associated paperwork/documentation requirements.
• Ensure all LEK processes and procedures are followed.
• Manage project closeout package process to ensure each project is closed out with zero punch list items and all warranties, as built drawings, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
• Ensure that LEK completes project successfully, resulting in a satisfied customer.
• Minimum Requirements:
• Five (5) years’ experience in estimating and managing commercial voice and data, fiber optic, audio visual, security and card access projects.
• Experience designing voice and data networks, proficiency with terminology; BICSI-certified, RCDD preferred.
• Familiarity with audiovisual, security, card access and CCTV systems layout and terminology preferred.
• Business development and sales expertise with strong customer relationship management skills.
• Anticipate customer needs; exceed customer expectations while maximizing profitability through effective project execution.
• Ability to translate project requirements into innovative execution strategies while effectively matching project requirements to resources.
• Multi-tasking professional; must work well under pressure with proven experience in managing multiple fast-track projects concurrently.
• Strong budget forecasting, job cost and financial management ability; ; demonstrated expertise in project financial and resource management.
• Team leader; strong organizational skills, people skills and “meeting management” skills; proven ability to set and manage expectations while solving complex issues with a calm demeanor.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to complete internal and external project deliverables.
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Microsoft Project proficiency.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
• Willingness to travel in the Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia geographical area
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Certifications Preferred but not Required:
• BICSI RCDD
• BICSI Technician
• InfoComm CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D
• Base Salary plus commission
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Matching Contributions to Simple IRA
• Life Insurance
• Ten Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Company Vehicle